Students as Teachers
The Big Picture
It's well known that teaching about a topic requires a deeper understanding than merely "learning" about a topic. This unit activity gives students an opportunity to become teachers. To achieve this, students will conduct research, prepare a presentation and deliver the presentation. The topic is Alaska's Native Cultures.
Work through the web pages in the following order:
- Introduction - Start here and read through the page to learn some background information about Alaska's Native cultures and how this assignment ties in with your Alaska Studies course.
- Task - Here is the page that defines the specifics of your "task".
- Process - If you follow the process outlined on this page, you will successfully complete this project.
- Evaluation - A rubric is available on this page. Look at it before you start the actual presentation to be sure you know what is expected. This rubric will be used to determine your grade.
- Conclusion - You've done the research, prepared the presentation, and delivered the presentation; what's next? Read this page to find out!
A lesson plan is included on the Teacher page. Click on "Teacher" in the top navigation bar and you will find the information you need to implement this lesson.