The purpose of this project is to teach kids how to eat healthy and to teach them what foods are healthy.
It is important to understand the Food Pyramid and eating healthy because the obesity rate is so high. Obesity can lead to many diseases and death. We need to make sure we are teaching our students how to take care of themselves and how to live long healthy lives.
This WebQuest is intended for elementary age students who can have a say in what they choose to eat.
Learners need to know how to access the Internet and read and write.
Through their completion of this lesson, students will:
- know the six food groups and what types of food are in each group.
- know how many servings of each group is needed daily.
- create healthy meals that include all food groups.
PL-P-PW-U-1 Students will understand that individuals have a responsibility to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
PL-P-N-S-5 Students will identify the food groups and the recommended number of daily servings to be eaten from each group PL-P-N-S-6
PL-P-N-S-6 Students will apply the decision-making process in making healthful food choices
Subject Matter Description
The 5 areas you will work through in this WebQuest are:
- Introduction: an overview of the WebQuest
- Task: the task to be completed
- Process: Steps that need to be completed to finish the WebQuest
- Evaluation: A rubric that shows your work will be graded
- Conclusion: Final thoughts and suggestions on the project
Students will be graded on the rubric scale, with a 3 being the highest and a 1 being the lowest.