Module 2: Lesson 9:
Types of Grabbers
OverviewClick on the play button
on the bottom on the picture
for an audio overview.
How can I make this picture talk?
- Visit this page and look over the different grabbers.
- Watch this video about writing grabbers.
- Read this page of examples of good grabbers.
- Here are some examples of different grabbers: short story, fact or statistic, quote or contrast, question or problem, "imagine..." +background.
- Check out the ideas here.
- Check and see if you recognize the books from which these grabbers came!
- Create a slides show about one kind of grabber giving several examples from literature you have read using Animoto, a free online product. This project can be done with one or more partners and will earn extra credit.
AssignmentsWrite/Create: Please choose two different grabbers...one for your introductory paragraph and one for your cloding paragraph. Indicate on your outline where you will use them.
Please write a sample grabber for either your introductory or closing paragraph. You might decide to change it later, but give it a try. Post it to the forum and look at what your classmates have created as well. If you see an idea in a classmates grabber that you would like to use, let them know!
Submit: There is no submission for this assignment.