How did the American Revolution lead to the French Revolution?
- The French people saw that monarchy should be maintained even when it is unfair to the citizens.
- The French government went into debt to help the British defeat their enemies, the Americans.
- The French did not support the Americans in their war.
- The French people, especially soldiers and officers who fought in America, were introduced to the ideals of liberty.
Which of the following is not an Enlightenment idea?
- Right to bear arms
- Life, liberty, etc.-natural rights
- Separation of Governmental Powers
- Freedom of thought, expression, religion
Which group of French citizens paid most of the taxes under the estates system?
- Rich Nobility
- Second Estate
- Third Estate
Which of the follwoing does not describe King Louis XIV of France?
- Ruled by Divine Right
- Enlightenment thinker
- "Sun King"
- Built Versailles Palace