- Purpose: The purpose of this WebQuest is to learn about the diversity of the Hispanic world and it relationships with the United States.
- Rationale: Hispanic culture has been and is still a huge influence on the American Continents. For students of the Spanish Language it is important to study the culture along with the language.
- Learner Description: This WebQuest is designed for students taking Spanish language courses in grades 9-12.
- Prerequisites: Basic typing, internet searching, Power Point slide show design skills
- Instructional Objectives:
- This project aims to shed some light on the diversity of Hispanic cultures and to expose students to some of the different flavors of the larger Hispanic culture.
- This project aims to give students some insight into the relationship between the various Hispanic countries and the U.S.
- This project also aims to give students some real live experiences with particular aspects of Hispanic culture such as food, music, and games.
- Standard(s) Addressed: Idaho Content Standards, Humanities: World Languages (Grades 7-12).
- Subject Matter Description:
- Introduction: Students will read the given definition of the Hispanic World and a brief discussion on the diversity of its cultures.
- Task: Students should understand the general project requirements.
- Process: Students will follow the specific details of the project requirements and use the resources provided to research their chosen country and put together their presentations.
- Evaluation: Students should refer to the assessment rubric for guidance in completing their projects.
- Conclusion: Students will answer some self assessment questions after completing the project.
- Assessment: Presentations will be given in class and assessed according to the evaluation rubric.