To complete this process you will need to complete the following:
1. Research main events in ancient Roman history, from 600 BCE to 500 AD. Take notes on at least 10 events, either in Google Docs, or a piece of binder paper. Make sure to include the dates, and important details for each event.
- For a detailed Roman timeline, click here
- For more detailed information on major historical events, click here
- For information on Rome's 94 Emperors, click here
- For more detials of ancient Rome's battles, click here
2. Choose one event to re-create using an online comic strip template. Your story should include the important details surrounding the event.
- Go to Read Write Think for a very generic template
- For a more advanced comic strip, go to Toon Doo , or Pixton. These sites allow you to publish your work as well
- To see a teacher example, click here
3. Create a timeline.
Using the events you wrote down in step one, create a timeline using one of the following:
- Microsoft Excel, for a tutorial on how to create a timeline in Excel, click here
- Read Write Think interactive timeline
4. Explain and Provide Evidence
In Google Docs, write a response to the big question, which event most led to the downfall of Rome? Remember to provide many supporting details for your argument. Use the rubric as your guide. Submit your answer to the class folder in Google Docs.
Using the rubric, evaluate your own answer to the big question, and two of your classmates' work. Post your critiques on tha approprate discussion forum.
Based on the feedback you received, revise and edit your piece. Resubmit to the class folder for Miss White.